If possible, please download these forms, read, complete, and sign, and bring to your first session. It should only take about 5 minutes, but that will give us 5 additional minutes to spend together, instead of having to spend it completing paperwork. Please read the “informed consent” thoroughly, and bring any questions you may have to your first session.
Free wellness e-courses
Check out the free wellness e-courses…
Here are some links to resources which you may find helpful:
- General psychotherapy links
- Energy Psychology
- Responsible drinking, alcoholism and drug abuse
- Stress management, anxiety and depression
- Food issues/eating disorders
- Yoga links
- Just for funLinks about psychotherapy in general
- American Mental Health Counselors Association — the national organization for the profession with lots of useful information
- American Counseling Organization — the national association for all counselors, again with useful information and publications
- Psychology Today — interesting articles about therapy and overall health and wellness, as well as a therapist search engine
- Good Therapy — another great, helpful site answering lots of general questions about therapy, as well as a therapist search engine
- www.keirsey.com — a fun website where you can take the Keirsey Temperament Sorter for free — a personality type survey similar to the Myers —Briggs Type Inventory, which gives you lots of interesting insight into your personality and how it relates to your relationships, career, and other aspects of your life
Energy Psychology — related links
- Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy — the modality of yoga therapy in which I was trained. Site has some great articles on the technique and its applications, and the training center in Vermont.
- World Center for EFT — wonderful resources site for emotional freedom technique, a great energy psychology technique sometimes referred to as “emotional acupuncture” ; includes a free video that will teach you how to do a simple version of EFT on your own
- Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology — a wealth of information on the concept of energy psychology, various techniques and their uses
- The International Association of Yoga Therapists — definitions of yoga therapy, various training programs, research and publications
- The Mind/Body/Spirit Center at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Orlando — wonderful resources for those fighting their way through cancer —
- www.wellspringofwellness.com — practitioner in Arizona who uses both EFT and holistic kinesiology
- www.healingheartscentre.com — website of an energy psychotherapist in Ontario, Canada. She has a number of interesting articles related to the field of energy psychotherapy, EFT, and TAT (Tapas Acupressure Technique)
Links for assistance in a crisis
- Lifeline Central Florida — a 24 hour crisis counseling hotline
- National Organization for Victim Assistance — a useful resource for anyone who has been a victim of any kind of trauma or crisis
Links for assistance with responsible drinking, alcoholism and drug abuse
- The Harm Reduction Coalition — an organization committed to reducing harm individuals experience related to drug use, as opposed to an abstinence —based program
- College Drinking site from the NIAAA (National Institute for Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism) — lots of useful information for college students, parents, high school students and high school about the facts and myths of college drinking, along with research articles
- Central Florida Intergroup — this site is the link to all Alcoholics Anonymous and related groups (such as Al-Anon) in the Central Florida area
Links for assistance with stress management, anxiety and depression
- www.stress-management-for-health.com — a great resources with extensive information about causes and types of stress, and a variety of activities for coping with stress
- Living with Anxiety — a great source for pretty much everything you every wanted to know about anxiety, including physical symptoms, diagnoses, medication, and some tips for coping
- Freedom from Fear — a national not-for-profit advocacy group providing extensive information and resources for anxiety and depression
Links for assistance with food issues/eating disorders
- Website of Allison Marse, Holistic Health Coach. Her focus is on coaching you to healthy eating habits that are organic, safer, and promote weight loss, using traditional Ayurvedic philosophy.
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and related Eating Disorders — lots of information as well as connections to support groups, therapists, and treatment center
- Something Fishy — a really helpful, friendly site with tons of information, resources, and on —line support
- Yoga Journal — lots of free information about yoga, including pictures of specific poses and how to create your own yoga practice
- www.yogaaccessories.com — a great site for really inexpensive yoga materials — mats, blankets, videos, and other props
- Red Sun yoga in Winter Springs; and
- Full Circle Yoga in Winter Park — 2 of my favorite studios in the Orlando area with excellent teachers and a great vibe
And just for fun
- Inspirational Words of Wisdom — poetry, daily quotes, etc.
- Florida Holistic Living School — information on natural health, organic food coops and more
- Visit my blog!
- You can also visit me on Facebook and Twitter!